Hey guys, I thought I’d give you all an update about my experiment regarding my Info Barrel earnings since I started the experiment last month and finished getting all 100 up within one week. It took a lot of work on my part, but they are all up and earning cash. So how much money was I able to earn with all of the effort that I put in?
Total Info Barrel Earnings In 7 Days: $95 Dollars ($13 per day)
Now you may be wondering why I have only earned this much money… To be completely honest, it’s mostly due to the fact that my pages on there are brand new. They are not yet marketed and are all about 1.5 weeks old. When your articles are only about one week old, you are going to need to definitely play the waiting game if you hope to increase their earnings. Some additional marketing would also be awesome because it would help drive traffic to my Info Barrel pages and really help me make a lot more money. You should make sure that you are signed up for Info Barrel if you haven’t yet… (yes that is my affiliate link, so of course I’d be happy if you used it to sign up).
What are my future plans with Info Barrel?
I honestly plan to crank out over 500 brand new Info Barrel articles within the next 2 months. It is a very attainable goal since I will be outsourcing some of my writing. I am still going to grind away with writing my own stuff, but I know that it will really help to change my average articles per day from 15 to 18… Adding just 3 more articles per day is going to be really awesome as far as I’m concerned.
Can “anybody” make a lot of money from Info Barrel?
The truth is that anybody can make a lot of money from Info Barrel, but I don’t think that many people will simply due to the fact that they won’t do as much writing as they need to in order to start making money on the internet. Most people give up well before they start to see the results that keep them motivated. Most people throw up maybe 10 or 20 articles and think that they should start raking in the dough, but it doesn’t work that way guys. You have got to throw up massive quantities of stuff and find out what works and what is getting clicks.
What worked for me in order to make money on the internet with Info Barrel
The exact same thing that worked for my HubPages experiment to make money online worked very well for my InfoBarrel experiment. Since I am much more experienced and learned exactly what niches would work well, I complied over 500 article ideas and began plugging away. If you hope to start making a lot of money with this website, then you are going to need to do a few simple things.
1. Do keyword research – This will help you get yourself on the right track as far as choosing fairly profitable topics to write about so that each time somebody clicks on an advertisement, you will end up making money. I simply use Google’s free AdWords Tool and make sure that I am using a good strategy when choosing my keywords.
2. Write a lot of articles – This is a step that a lot of people skip, but in my experience, you will need at least 100 Info Barrels before you start making at least $10 per day from them. I think my highest earnings from Info Barrel was at around $18 bucks in one day, but I wasn’t really that surprised because I have 100+ articles up there to help me make cash on the internet.
3. Target keywords within your post – Folks, you want to make sure that you are targeting keywords that are uncompetitive within your post. You want to make the use of your keyword natural as well (i.e. make sure that your sentence makes sense). Don’t just go spamming your targeted word around your article… I recommend using it about 4 – 5 times total within a 600 word article. I usually leave a gap of 100 words or so before I use the same keyword twice.
4. Write informative articles – A lot of people write very “trashy” quality articles and that is not for me guys. If you want to make money in the long-term and increase your earnings potential on Info Barrel, you are going to need to contribute good stuff. If everyone wrote junk on that site, it would soon start to fall down in the rankings. Each of my articles is at least 600 words of very quality information. Do not cop out by writing anything shorter than 450 words…
5. Link to your other Info Barrel articles – This step certainly helped me out with my Hubs, so I presume that it will do great as far as getting me some extra cash on Info Barrel. I am linking to at least 3 other of my Info Barrel articles within each article. You want to give your articles some extra juice by linking to them from other stuff that you have written. Even though it may seem a little bit tedious, I don’t recommend skipping this step!
What I don’t particularly like about Info Barrel
1. Adsense Earnings share subject to change - I honestly don’t care that I don’t own the content as much as I am unsure about whether the Adsense earnings will remain at 75% for the long term. I honestly think that when this company really starts to boom, they are going to claim more Adsense earnings per article and maybe drop it down to 60% or 50% earnings share.
2. No easy related articles feature – I wish there was some sort of interface that allowed you to easily add links to your related articles at the bottom of each post. Right now I link out to some of my articles at the end of what I write and I need to make sure that
Why I absolutely love Info Barrel
1. The Contests – They have monthly contests that allow you to earn up to 90% of shared AdSense revenue, which is absolutely phenomenal. Though it is fairly tough to take down some of their top writers for the #1 spot, I’d say that most of you can do a good job at securing 90% Adsense earnings if you put in a little bit of work. Plus, their top 3 contest placers usually get some sort of gift card. First place is usually $100, second place is $50, and third is $25. I’m not going to let you all know whether or not I won a contest, because I don’t want to draw any attention to myself.
2. The Owners – The owners know how to run the company and are doing a phenomenal job at it. I really hope that the ownership does not change hands because this site has a ton of potential. If the ownership does change hands, let’s hope that it is to ME, because I would definitely love to add such a great site to my portfolio!
3. The Approval Process - I actually like how there is a delayed approval process because it helps weed out a lot of garbage content that gets submitted. This is one aspect that Hubpages is missing that I think they should integrate. You need to regulate the spammers and make sure that only good stuff is getting posted on your site. Otherwise you will turn into one big spam farm *cough* Squidoo *cough*… and take a turn for the worse like Hubpages….
4. Instant Search Engine Rankings - You will rank higher in the Google search index with Info Barrel pages than you will with Hubs… You will rank in similar fashion to well-written Ezine articles. If you do a good job with your IB, you will immediately outrank most (if not all of) your fully-marketed HubPages.
5. 75% Adsense Revenue Share – Having 75% of your revenue on Info Barrel is awesome. Like I mentioned earlier, you can get it up to 90% if you frequently contribute to writing a lot of articles on a monthly basis. You would be crazy not to take advantage of this earnings potential.
6. Adsense Layout - Now I know that they could certainly tweak their existing Adsense placement in order to make more money, but what they have actually works well. They have a decent sized advertisement placed in the upper left corner of their articles and more ads throughout the page. Yeah they could improve it, but I am pretty satisfied with what they’ve got. My only suggestion would be to try out some new stuff to see if they can get a slightly higher CTR…
7. Free Strong Backlinks – If you write an article, you can get yourself free, strong backlinks to your websites. This is another feature that I absolutely love. If you write a good article that gets a lot of traffic on IB, you are not going to have any problems redirecting some of that traffic to your own sites. The “link juice” is what matters most though, and you will get plenty of it from this site.
My future goals with Info Barrel
My future goals with Info Barrel are to really take things to the next level and start making $100 per day with the content that I put up on their site. I have a very good game plan that is going to be flawless and unstoppable in getting me to the place that I want to be as far as Info Barrel earnings are concerned. The whole key is for me to stay motivated enough to get the work done and seriously bust my ass for the next 2 months in order to get up all 600 keyword-targeted articles that I have.
I really hope that the same administrators stay working with Info Barrel and do not plan on selling the company anytime soon because they are doing a great job running the show. In all honesty, I wish that I had my own company like this because it has so much potential! If you haven’t already signed up for Info Barrel, you already know what you need to go ahead and do…